[SOLVED] EA's Star Wars Battlefront 2 keeps CTD in Queue

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
Sorry but this post is quite similar to my previous post except for the previous solution only fixed one of the causes of the CTDs. Now I am getting CTDs while in a queue or sometimes on the menu after finishing a game. Sometimes it crashes after I join a match during the pre-rounds. Is there a way to stop EA's SWBF2 from CTDs completely? It happens pretty often and is getting infuriating at this point. I can't play matches consistently and have to hope for it not to crash when getting into another match.

I've tried repairing the game, deleting the game folder in Documents, setting "GstRender.maxvariablefps 60" in BootOptions and ProfileOptions_profile files and setting the "gametime.maxvariablefps 60" in user.cfg, and setting the fps to 60 in the RivaTunerStatisticsServer but it only helped lessen the crash a bit. I don't know what else I could do at this point.

Settings:
Game Graphic Settings
Nvidia Control Panel Settings

Specs:
CPU - Intel i7 6800k with default clock - 50% usage at most and it rarely goes there
GPU- MSI Gaming Z 1070 with default clocks temps are around 65 - 70 degrees Celcius
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz
SSDs - Samsung 860 evo and pro
Motherboard - MSI X99a Raider
Monitor - ASUS PG278Qr with 165 Hz (144 is default which I am on) with G-Sync which is enabled for this game.

Please let me know if there is any other information regarding to this that you would like to know.

Edit: I also use Intel Turbo Boost Technology for this game

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Try lowering the memory speed to 2133 (default DDR4 memory speed). From you other thread, when you lowered your OC settings, performance stabilized.

If the system is stable at 2133 (games work properly), use the XMP profiles to increase until no longer stable, up to the rated speed of the memory, and then drop back to the highest/last stable setting.

Also, are you using the 7885vP6 version of the motherboard BIOS?

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
Try lowering the memory speed to 2133 (default DDR4 memory speed). From you other thread, when you lowered your OC settings, performance stabilized.

If the system is stable at 2133 (games work properly), use the XMP profiles to increase until no longer stable, up to the rated speed of the memory, and then drop back to the highest/last stable setting.

Also, are you using the 7885vP6 version of the motherboard BIOS?
3000 is the default speed. I forgot to mention the LPX part of Corsair Vengeance LPX. I haven't touched the RAM speed or know how adjust it. I don't even know what XMP is. I'll have to read up on that.

Other games run fine as far as I know.

I don't think I'm using that version of the motherboard BIOS. I see E7885IMS.P50 when going into the BIOS. So in this case, probably 7885vP5?