Question Easily Overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

letumexordo

BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
I just hate to increase 10 MHz then test for 15 minutes then increase it again. I know it could be done once but I'm lazy so. So when I go for 4133 MHz it fails. My CPU is 7700K at default clocks so that is 4.20 GHz. How high and easier overclock it to use my Ram at 4133 MHz?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Are you overclocking your RAM or your CPU? What speed is your RAM rated for?

As said above, you really need to look at a basic overclocking guide. If you did, you'd know that setting your CPU frequency to 4.133 GHz (or anything else that isn't a multiple of 100 MHz) is going to be a bad time. And that your RAM and CPU don't have to run at the same frequency...

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, I misinterpreted your first post as saying that you tried to set your CPU to 4133 MHz.

So if your RAM says it runs at 3200 MHz, what makes you think it'll run at 4133 MHz? And why do you think your CPU speed is what's preventing you from running your RAM at 4133 MHz?

letumexordo

BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
Ok, I misinterpreted your first post as saying that you tried to set your CPU to 4133 MHz.

So if your RAM says it runs at 3200 MHz, what makes you think it'll run at 4133 MHz? And why do you think your CPU speed is what's preventing you from running your RAM at 4133 MHz?
Because that is what XMP gives me the highest and my motherboards supports. Because I've read about that. If you go higher with Ram speeds you also should go higher with CPU speeds too.

Also can you tell me how to resolve this instead of asking questions to read my mind? :p

letumexordo

BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
That is a 3000 MHz kit. If it was capable of running at 4133 Mz, it would have been sold as a 4133 MHz kit.
What are you even talking about? Do you even know what XMP is? Do you know Rams can be overclocked too? Or did you think that if it wasn't capable of 4133 MHz then why did I see it in the list?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Can you run CPU-Z and post a screenshot of the SPD tab?

I don't see anything in the specs for that kit about it having a 4133 MHz XMP profile. Typically the advertised speed for a kit (3000 MHz in this case) corresponds to the fastest XMP profile included.

letumexordo

BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
Why would I need to use a VPN to view it? I don't have a VPN, can't you just use a different image hosting site?
Why would I need to upload it another site just because you can't view it? I have uploaded it two times, can't you just install it? It was you who wanted it from me in the first place. So you should give an effort in it not me.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I mean, you're the one here asking for help. I've never had any issues viewing images other people have uploaded.

If I can't view the image, could you tell me, in the SPD tab in the "Timings Table", is there any column with a label like "XMP-4133"? Or do any of the columns have a Frequency value of 2066 MHz (or something close to that)? If not, what is the highest Frequency value listed?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Hey @letumexordo tone down the attitude. TJ Hooker has been kind enough to help you, you need to show him the respect of not being adversarial to him and put some effort in to let him see what you're showing him. This forum is full of people volunteering their time to help people, and have no commitment to be your personal tech support. If you can't be respectful to our users then you will need to move on.

letumexordo

BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
I mean, you're the one here asking for help. I've never had any issues viewing images other people have uploaded.

If I can't view the image, could you tell me, in the SPD tab in the "Timings Table", is there any column with a label like "XMP-4133"? Or do any of the columns have a Frequency value of 2066 MHz (or something close to that)? If not, what is the highest Frequency value listed?
Bro, you gave no relevant answer to the question. Why would I upload a picture 3 times just to make you see?

I have already uninstalled the software. o-<-<

Well, now I've installed it and it is 3200 max. So the problem was it?
Where exactly did you see this? Which list are you referring to?
In the BIOS under XMP.
Hey @letumexordo tone down the attitude. TJ Hooker has been kind enough to help you, you need to show him the respect of not being adversarial to him and put some effort in to let him see what you're showing him. This forum is full of people volunteering their time to help people, and have no commitment to be your personal tech support. If you can't be respectful to our users then you will need to move on.
What <<Edited>> are you even talking about? I talk any tone I want. You said it like I insulted him or some <<Edited>>.Nope, I don't. I'm not gonna do so. He doesn't even give relevant answer to the question. He doesn't have enough knowledge to help me. So he has been kind enough to help me matters not. Not my problem. Uploading this picture won't help me already. I don't have to be respectful towards anyone and I don't need to move on. Also I wasn't being disrespectful to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Well, now I've installed it and it is 3200 max. So the problem was it?
OK, so as expected your RAM doesn't have a 4133 MHz XMP profile, and it's highest profile is 3200 MHz, corresponding to the advertised speed of the kit.
Like I said before.

Basically Corsair tested the memory and found it was able to run up to 3200 MHz at 1.35V. You may be able to get it to run a little faster, especially if you increase voltages, but you're not going to suddenly be able to run it 40% faster than Corsair was able to.
Like I said before.

I'm not sure whether your BIOS is actually listing an XMP-4133 profile, or it just lets you manually set the speed to 4133 MHz, but if it's the former I don't know why that's the case (but it shouldn't be).

Status
Not open for further replies.