Question Easy Anti Cheat will not open/not installed

Nov 3, 2021
MB: Asus TUF Gaming X570
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: MSI Radeon RX5700 XT Mech OC
RAM: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout Series DDR4 16GB 3200MHz

OK, so let me start by saying I've tried everything the Easy Anti Cheat website says about troubleshooting the problem, even freshly wiping my OS & SSD/HDDS 3 times. Completely fully updated everything (Bios, drivers, OS, etc.) and I mean everything.

The moment I knew I had an actual problem and that it wasn't just Pavlov VR having problems loading, was when I downloaded Back 4 Blood through Gamepass. Upon loading it says EAC not installed. With it being GP, those files are pretty difficult to get to. However i got into the Pavlov file folder to try and reinstall EAC, but the window won't open at all, no error messages. Just a spit second of an application bubble popping up in the Taskbar.

I could really use some advice. I've scowered online and apparently I'm the only person that has this problem. Everything I search tells me the same things over and over. The usual fixes are not working. It appears to be specifically EAC games. Half Life Alex runs perfectly fine.

Someone help, please. I've bearly slept the last 3 days trying to get this fixed

Nov 3, 2021
Under program files x86 you do not see a folder for EAC?
Only after running a random install from an old easyanticheat.exe from a forgotten game file, however this version doesn't have a "current game option".
Update- so I deleted the EAC file and did an integrity check on Pavlov, then ran it. Now I see a new folder in x86 "EasyAntiCheat_EOS l", however the application in said folder still won't open.

Last edited:
Only after running a random install from an old easyanticheat.exe from a forgotten game file, however this version doesn't have a "current game option".
Update- so I deleted the EAC file and did an integrity check on Pavlov, then ran it. Now I see a new folder in x86 "EasyAntiCheat_EOS l", however the application in said folder still won't open.
Under computer management window tab, go to services, then check that Easy Anti cheat is not disabled. Also make sure your anti virus is not blocking access to EAC. If you right click on the folder in PFx86 can you get to EAC.exe? If so click on it for properties and under security make sure you have admin rights.

Nov 3, 2021
Did all that, but the eac.exe still won't open, however I uninstalled the games and reinstalled them onto my SSD that's running the OS. Still can't manually open the eac.exe application, but now for some reason everything runs flawlessly. Why would they not work on the internal HDDs? I'm going to hard reformat one of them and download another game that uses EAC to see if it will work then.

Nov 3, 2021
So I have read just trying to reinstall it several times usually results in it eventually working. Have no idea why switching to ssd worked. It may have something to do with some errant eac file somewhere holding up the works on the hd.
Yeah not sure what I did/didn't do but things are looking up. Downloaded Hunt Showdown to test on one of the freshly quick formatted HDDs, and it works perfectly. It also let's me open its eac.exe. The only thing I can think of is that Pavlov's simply doesn't open. Did a full non-quick format on the other hdd, and I'm about to download another EAC game to test it as well. Fingers crossed.

Also, Thank You for taking the time to read my post and try to help me, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
Yeah not sure what I did/didn't do but things are looking up. Downloaded Hunt Showdown to test on one of the freshly quick formatted HDDs, and it works perfectly. It also let's me open its eac.exe. The only thing I can think of is that Pavlov's simply doesn't open. Did a full non-quick format on the other hdd, and I'm about to download another EAC game to test it as well. Fingers crossed.

Also, Thank You for taking the time to read my post and try to help me, I really appreciate it.
I try my best. ;)