Easy Cd Creator 4 and Nero 5

G

Hi all,
After reading all the informative posts on this site I'm probably gonna buy a TDK VeloCd 10x16x40 writer,which is on special here in Australia at the moment for $679 (cheap huh!??).I would have gone for a Plextor drive , but they are more expensive and come bundled with Easy Cd creator ,which I already have - the TDK comes comes with Nero 5.
Opinions on the TDK please!!!!!!!!
Also are there any incompatibilty issues with Easy Cd Creator 4(deluxe) and Nero 5 on 98SE?

Your views are appreciated.
Jim.

Happy Ripping/Burning all!

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Hi Jimblo,
The Plextor is the best burner in the world, but TDK did a good job too. I installed many of them, and they are very good units. For what concerns the software, Nero is one of the best burning applications out there. I believe that Adaptec EZ cd software (now known as roxio) interferes with nero, if I well remember... you should uninstall your copy of EZ cd because with nero you will realize the difference in quality and power between the two applications, but if you really need to keep it go to start-run and type msconfig, then click on the startup tab and uncheck all the entries that seem to have anything to do with EZ cd. That might let you have both programs installed.

A television may insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in
like a computer.

G

After some years with Easy Cd , now I go for NERO 5xxxx
Easy cd Creator has many problems, mostly in the installation procedure. The upgrades only work if you install a patch for the registry (this if you have Internet Explorer 5.5), but most of the times if you install and upgrade it right, then it works very good. (The problems occur with the upgrades from 4.01 to 4.02 and 4.03). As for the new Roxio Easy cd Creator 5 (Platinum etc), I've heard it has some problems, mostly with Win2000.
I prefer Nero 5xxx, nowdays.
stark

Blue Skies Bring Tears

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you are going to just quick and dirty burn the stuff, nothing beats the ECDC 4.03 (as far as easy of use) which comes with the 1610A, I have 4 apps on my Win2k machine, ECDC 4.03, Nero (latestest), CloneCD, and some other little junk, all of them are working fine (on my second machine with WinME as well), so you don’t have to uninstall anything, the programs work on their own and not interfering with each other (if you don’t run them at once though :O)

I had TDK 2x2x24 for more than a year with ECDC 3+ and it did all I wanted, I have sold it and it is still working fine. So TDKs are good drives, especially new ones. Now I have 1610A though, there is nothing better yet at this point, but I got it just to have the best, I burn at 12x all the time anyway, so if you need something just to burn with, “save a buck or two”.

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink: