Easy CD Creator. Help!

G

I have a Yamaha CDR8824E drive which came with a copy of Adaptec's Easy CD Creator 4.02. I've downloaded the latest patch and upgraded it to 4.03b.

Anyway, whenever I try to burn a CD I *always* get the message "Please insert a blank CD into the CD-Recorder" straight after I've put a new CDR into the drive.

Anyone else having the same problems and how do I get it to work?

Thanks in advance,
r.

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
After a while, does it go on with recording? This sometimes happens; the drive is probably checking the disc.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

No, even after about 5 minutes. I put the new CDR in and the left light flicks green for a few times and then turns on green permanently and then the right light flicks green a few times and then turns off. Then nothing.
Pressing "Retry" from the dialog does not have any effect on the lights on drive whatsoever either.

r.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Did it work before you installed the patches? Did you try that?
Uninstall the software. Then reinstall it and don't install the patches. See if that works.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME

i would put the cd in and it would not start, clicking retry does nothing, my drive also is VERY loud, i think it has a bad motor or something, I am using the origional cd creator which came with the burner.

what media are you using, im using memorex 700meg gold 16x rated, maybe this drive has issues viewing that type of cdr or something.

Im returning the drive today, any reccomendations on a different brand/model to replace it with.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"

G

No, it didn't work even before apply the patches. Likewise, the drive is also quite loud. However, where I work have just recently got one of same kind, and it often has the same kind of problem - in that it gets the "Please insert blah blah". Also, I don't think the media actually matters, I've tried four different brands and they all have the same effect - "Please insert blah blah"... Stupid thing.

G

I have and that works. Also Adaptec's DirectCD which came with the drive works. And I've just tried CloneCD and that works too. I'm wondering if this is just an Easy CD Creator software problem.

r.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
My friend has the exact same model, and his is not loud and gives him no errors, perhaps we have bum units, but I am still burned by it, so Im gonna get a different brand.

I suggest you do the same because it seems this is not normal operation, ESPECIALLY the really loud sounds, which arent normal.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"

G

The only time when it is loud is when there's a CD in the drive and it is *not* being read. When the drive is empty, it is fine. When the CD is being read, it is fine. When an attempt is being made to write to the CD, it is fine.
When the CD is in there by itself and I'm not using it - then there's a loud whirring sound.

I'd like to make sure all the roads are covered before I spend anymore money needlessly.

Cheers,
r.

G

I have found the source of the problem. Windows 98 does not like Easy CD Creator. NT is fine, 2000 is fine.

r.