[SOLVED] Easy free way to backup drivers from new windows 10 install

GoodKnight52

Prominent
Feb 1, 2020
Hey!
So I'm running a kind of old laptop (MSI GE60 Not sure the sub type) and I really don't want to mess around with finding the drives again after formatting and reinstalling windows since it's a hassle and the hardware is pretty old lol. Sooo is there a free and easy way of doing it?

I've seen copying the drivers folder from the system32 folder etc but i also saw that it presents some issues.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys are freaking amazing! :D

Mod Edit for Language

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
That laptop does not officially support WIndows 10, so if you have Windows 10 and drivers successfully installed, either Windows automatically installed them or you installed them yourself.

If Windows installed them, then you should be able to find the driver version from device manager and locate those files yourself. If you installed them, then you already know where to find them

Just download them yourself and save the installation packages to a USB labeled "Laptop Drivers". Keep it in a safe place.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
That laptop does not officially support WIndows 10, so if you have Windows 10 and drivers successfully installed, either Windows automatically installed them or you installed them yourself.

If Windows installed them, then you should be able to find the driver version from device manager and locate those files yourself. If you installed them, then you already know where to find them

Just download them yourself and save the installation packages to a USB labeled "Laptop Drivers". Keep it in a safe place.

-Wolf sends

Solution