Easy way for user to tell if they are an admin?

I need to tell our (indirect) users to load some software. There are
many remote users with either W2K Prof or WXP Prof (no worries on the
older O/Ss..). I am trying to come up with some simple instructiosn
to give them to have them find out if they are an administrator for
their PC.

All I can think of is a convoluted document with different screen
shots by both O/S - and how they may have configured their O/S.. as
well as the differences if they are connected to a domain or not.

Is there any simpler way I can instruct them to find out if they are
an admin? Any dos-based command I can run?

Thanks, JC

Am 09.04.2004, um 16:56:34 Uhr, schrieb John Clark:

> I am trying to come up with some simple instructiosn
> to give them to have them find out if they are an administrator for
> their PC.

> Is there any simpler way I can instruct them to find out if they are
> an admin? Any dos-based command I can run?

What about "net user [username]"?

CS

I usually just right-click on the Start Menu... if I see "Explore All Users"
then it must be an admin :)

On 9 Apr 2004 07:56:34 -0700, jclark@1stoption.com (John Clark) wrote:

>Is there any simpler way I can instruct them to find out if they are
>an admin?

Right-click the start button. If the choice "Explore all users"
appears, they are admin (unless the profile security is customised).

--
Helge Wunderlich
Please remove obvious part of address to send mail