NJackson7

Prominent
Oct 26, 2020
I've been trying to get SeaFile installed on a fresh MicroSD card. I was following the guide at the link below in order to do this:

I got to the step called "Install Python Libraries", but then it asked me to use the easy_install command in order to install the necessary parts, at which point I kept receiving an error saying that the easy_install command doesn't exist. having looked around for a solution i learned about the pip command being an alternative, but this also didn't work, this time the issue being "no such file or directory", so idk the pip command will work. can anyone explain where im going wrong or how to install easy_install?

Sorry to ask, I am not very good at using the CMD or the RaspberryPiOS.

the command i used was as follows:
cd ~/dev/seahub_thirdpart (This worked)
export PYTHONPATH=. (This worked)
sudo easy_install -d . /tmp/pytz-2016.1.tar.gz (error: command not found)
OR
sudo pip install /tmp/pytz-2016.1.tar.gz ( Error: no such file or directory)

P.S. i have also done "sudo apt-get install python-pip" after having updated and upgraded apt-get if that helps

Solution
You're supposed to download a bunch of files to /tmp folder. as in
Install python libraries
Create a new directory /home/pi/dev/seahub_thirdpart:
mkdir -p ~/dev/seahub_thirdpart

Download these tarballs to /tmp/:
easy_install, as used here, does not download any files but installs them.

NJackson7

Prominent
Oct 26, 2020
Do you have a file "pytz-2016.1.tar.gz" in /tmp folder?

From "$" prompt:
Code:
ls -la /tmp

running this command shows that I don't have the file, which i guess is why the pip command didnt work, but does this also explain the easy_install error? I thought that using the easy_install command would be what installed this file to the device, is this not the case?