Eathernet not working on msi b450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2018
So, new build, msi tomahawk b450 with ryzen 5 2600.
The eathernet doesn't work.
Messing with setting in Windows 10 and bios. The closets I got was it would switch from the little red "x" (error was cable not plugged in) to the caution sign and "identifying network". It would flip back and forth.
Right now, just the red "x". Been installing and uninstalling drivers, booting into the bios to play with the on oats lan settings.
Nothing.
I tried sharing the connection to my laptop with a cat 5e cable. It sat on the "identifying network". But I plug the cat 6e cable in from the router, and nothing.
What is going on?

Jun 11, 2018
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

I have installed the drivers from the MSI page, I have downloaded them from Realtek, and I have let Windows install them.

Just chatted with technical support. Not much there. He suggested returning it.

Jun 11, 2018
Yep, all good there. Everything looks and acts like I am not plugging in the network cable. Same cable works when plugged into a different device. I can take the cat 6e cable from the router/modem and plug it into a switch, then plug a cat 5e cable from that to the PC, and then it recognizes that a cable is plugged in, but can't identify the network and says there is no internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.