G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

About a week ago I spotted the following auction for an "untested as is I do
not have hard drive to test it" Area51 PCB on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6163974335

I BIN'd it.

Today the board arrived and (no surprise) it's dead. As I'm emptying out
the box, there's a copy of the invoice in the bottom... But neither of the
names is my eBay name. (!?!?) Turns out the guy I bought it from BIN'd it
the week before (good price too) as "tested and in perfect working order"
and left the invoice in the bottom of the same box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6161630945

So I'm thinking *somebody* got screwed somewhere along the line. ;-)

Anyway, I'm still happy with it since I was able to fix it easily, but it
still made me laugh...

-Clay
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Maybe he swapped the boar working boardset for his dead board..and
gave the dead board to you??

Just a thought...


On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:09:25 -0800, "Clay Cowgill"
<c.cowgill@comcast.net> wrote:

>About a week ago I spotted the following auction for an "untested as is I do
>not have hard drive to test it" Area51 PCB on eBay:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6163974335
>
>I BIN'd it.
>
>Today the board arrived and (no surprise) it's dead. As I'm emptying out
>the box, there's a copy of the invoice in the bottom... But neither of the
>names is my eBay name. (!?!?) Turns out the guy I bought it from BIN'd it
>the week before (good price too) as "tested and in perfect working order"
>and left the invoice in the bottom of the same box.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6161630945
>
>So I'm thinking *somebody* got screwed somewhere along the line. ;-)
>
>Anyway, I'm still happy with it since I was able to fix it easily, but it
>still made me laugh...
>
>-Clay
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

<ArcadeNO@SPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
news:3tp641p61lelo6nlitd8pjjcnofs9ovb9c@4ax.com...
> Maybe he swapped the boar working boardset for his dead board..and
> gave the dead board to you??

Could be, but it sure looks identical to the one in the (original seller's)
auction pictures. (Right down to the pattern of sticker residue from the
EPROM missing a label! ;-)

Maybe the guy I bought it from just snagged it cheap to flip it (odd that he
wouldn't say "bought as working" or something instead of "untested" though).
Who knows...

-Clay
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

In article <8OCdnXrrW6ekEd7fRVn-pA@comcast.com>,
"Clay Cowgill" <c.cowgill@comcast.net> wrote:

> Maybe the guy I bought it from just snagged it cheap to flip it (odd that he
> wouldn't say "bought as working" or something instead of "untested" though).
> Who knows...

Maybe he's an honest guy. Can happen.

--
"It is very easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the
sense of achievement you get from getting them to work at all." Hitchiker's
Guide to the Galaxy on the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation. Does that seem
familiar to anything on THIS planet at THIS time?