Question Echoing in full screen recordings?

ethanpenn

Reputable
May 5, 2018
For some reason, whenever I take a screen recording in full screen, I get very echo-y audio. I've tried Camtasia, Nvidia Shadowplay (or Share as they like to call it now), and OBS Studio/Streamlabs. Here's a link of an example of that (yes, it's Fortnite :/ ).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdUU3fsZYC8

You can hear our mics coming through pretty clearly, but the audio in the background is very very distorted and echoed. Now that we've been playing Titanfall, with all of the sounds present in that game, screen recordings are even more echo-y. Does anyone know why this might be happening? It's only in fullscreen games. If I screen record my desktop, it sounds just fine.

My specs:
Windows 10 Home
i7-8700k
GTX 1080
16 GB RAM
Asus Maximus X Hero

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I don't know, but at the same time, I never capture game directly with OBS, mainly because it never works half the time, and I just do a display capture and play the game in full screen.
Just means that if I ALT+TAB out, people watching my stream could see my desktop or any program I open up.
But that doesn't bother me personally, especially since it never happens, and on the rare occasion it does happen, I've got nothing personal or important on my dekstop to hide.

ethanpenn

Reputable
May 5, 2018
This...is not what I was looking for at all. I use display capture as well, I'm saying that ANY recording software seems to be having this issue, so it's clearly an issue on my computer's end, not the end of the recorder...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Can try playing in borderless window mode. Will give you full screen but could fix the audio.

Can't really help with the audio being bad when playing games in full screen since I've never had that problem, but I think that would be a bug report better suited for the developers of OBS, and you can post that in their forums.

ethanpenn

Reputable
May 5, 2018
Can try playing in borderless window mode. Will give you full screen but could fix the audio.

Can't really help with the audio being bad when playing games in full screen since I've never had that problem, but I think that would be a bug report better suited for the developers of OBS, and you can post that in their forums.

I'm guessing I should also contact Camtasia and NVidia as well?

ethanpenn

Reputable
May 5, 2018
Because, like I said in my opening post, it's happening with any screen recording software I use. Even the derpy Windows thing, which I just tested. Screen recording audio works fine on my laptop. It's only my desktop.