ECS Battles With A New Z270 Lightsaber

Status
Not open for further replies.

BugariaM

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
Wow, I can not believe my eyes.

I do not see tons of ridiculous plastic "shield", no strings of LEDs everywhere, and even VRM heatsinks look exactly as they should look like

My respect for the company ECS

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

That's because they are still playing catchup. Give them time, there will be IO shields and RGB once they see their boards didn't sell as good as the competition.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

Over here in the (at least south) eastern half of Asia, the flashy,edgy designs from the likes of MSI are basically considered the things what rednecks would go for...... "Gaming" Look.
At least they try to go the professional look route, though why an enthusiast would buy ECS baffles me, considering their competition is not that much more expensive.

Th3pwn3r

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Fry's Electronics used to offer a bundle deal that was a processor and ECS board. The bundle ended up being cheaper than the processor anywhere else. I'm not sure how they were pulling it off but it's not the first time Fry's had a deal like that. Since the board was free I decided to use it and it lasted a very long time before I threw it out, it was actually pretty decent and for basically for free, one of the best boards I have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.