[SOLVED] ECS G41T MotherBoard 2 Different RAM speed Problem

Jun 23, 2022
Can ECS G41T-M6 V3.0 MotherBoard Work with 2 DDR3 8500U & 12800U 2GB RAM modules ? How will 2 different speed RAM modules Affect this Board ? Will Board Atleast Power on ?

Solution
Can ECS G41T-M6 V3.0 MotherBoard Work with 2 DDR3 8500U & 12800U 2GB RAM modules ?
Probably, it's 2 different kits, so no guarantees or certainty.
How will 2 different speed RAM modules Affect this Board?
It won't affect the board at all. But will happen, assuming it works, is that you'll be running the slowest of the 2 speeds, with the worst (if not worse) timings and voltages. The ram affects the memory controller and vice versa, nothing to do with the board as such.
Will Board Atleast Power on ?
Hold on, I know I have a reliable Crystal Ball around here somewhere, I'll consult it and get back to you....

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Can ECS G41T-M6 V3.0 MotherBoard Work with 2 DDR3 8500U & 12800U 2GB RAM modules ?
Probably, it's 2 different kits, so no guarantees or certainty.
How will 2 different speed RAM modules Affect this Board?
It won't affect the board at all. But will happen, assuming it works, is that you'll be running the slowest of the 2 speeds, with the worst (if not worse) timings and voltages. The ram affects the memory controller and vice versa, nothing to do with the board as such.
Will Board Atleast Power on ?
Hold on, I know I have a reliable Crystal Ball around here somewhere, I'll consult it and get back to you....

Solution