Ed: Why Microsoft Won't Price Win7SE High

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigaudio

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
With the 3-program limit gone, what incentive are they providing for a user to upgrade? Can current netbook hardware run W7SE as well as XP?

smalltime0

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]chunkymonster[/nom]Will Microsoft drop the price of Retail and OEM versions of XP and Vista 32/64bit with the release of Win7?[/citation]
XP will be gone
But Vista prices may go down

aspireonelover

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
I might just as well as to buy Windows 7 Home premium and upgrade the OS myself. I don't care about the price, it's just better than the Starter Edition in many ways ;)

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]rigaudio[/nom]With the 3-program limit gone, what incentive are they providing for a user to upgrade?[/citation]
Screen size, resolution, maximum hardware specs and unable to change wallpaper/themes restrictions are inplace for starters!

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]smalltime0[/nom]XP will be goneBut Vista prices may go down[/citation]
I thought 7 was going to replace Vista? As in vista disappears and XP remains as a low end alternative for low end set-ups... like my dad's ^.^

willv

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
why is windows 7 not free? releasing vista was a crime, and now they want to charge people to buy a new operating system? when will people learn to not trust greedy microshaft

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]willv[/nom]why is windows 7 not free? releasing vista was a crime, and now they want to charge people to buy a new operating system? when will people learn to not trust greedy microshaft[/citation]

I agree with you!

IronRyan21

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Microsoft should contiune offering XP as a basic OS and make some slight improvements. Just rename WIndows Classic. It would be a low resource requiring O.S. perfect for netbooks, slower PCs or any other small device.

astrodudepsu

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
[citation][nom]willv[/nom]why is windows 7 not free? releasing vista was a crime, and now they want to charge people to buy a new operating system? when will people learn to not trust greedy microshaft[/citation]

Free? I take it your hatred for microsoft is blinding what sense you may have. Gotta love all the microsoft hate. Build a successful company, make a few bucks and all of the sudden you are the Super Devil.

TheMan1214

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
We all saw what windows vista did to business networking (it never happened :p), and due to that most of us still rely on windows xp. Obviously win 7 brings with it the hope (and agony for companies on budget) of a new network, what will win7 bring to the table that will
help presuade a company to go for it.

randomizer

Champion
Why do you continue to buy food from the supermarket when every month they downsize the products and charge you the same, and in some cases more?

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
XP will be gone. But MS will allow a Win7Pro owner to change to XP-Pro. But they are not going to allow OEMs to sell PCs with just XP, other than netbooks... but Win7 is supposed to change that. Considering that the Win7SE is vastly limited, it should be a cheaper OS.

Vista will be gone too. What end-user would want to bother with Vista when Win7 is around? Remember, when vista came out - Retail/upgrade boxes of XP quickly disappeared. You can only buy XP-OEM versions now, until they run out of stock. Vista's market share will peak around Oct 2009 and go downhill from there.

highwayman

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Microsoft should offer a free OS like the new Moblin V2. No big apps, just basic life organizing. Let people upgrade from there. These are net books afterall. They are a low cost entry machine or add on to a much bigger Microsoft machine.

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
After having a license of 2000 Pro, XP Pro and Vista Ultimate ( yes i was one of the dumb facks), i think ill head to the bay and get the lastest and greatest from microsoft.

I'm loving se7en x64 so far. But i have a huge doubt that i am going to buy it.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]smalltime0[/nom]XP will be goneBut Vista prices may go down[/citation]
Unless you consider the XP VM that Win7 will include; so technically it won't be gone. I hope they don't stop supporting it since it'll be everyone's fallback compatibility machine (according to M$)

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Um. People are going to stop buying crappy netbooks because the netbooks will now cost $20 more? Hm. It is okay to spend $300 on a piece of crap but when we get to $320, well, that is going too far.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Um. People are going to stop buying crappy netbooks because the netbooks will now cost $20 more? Hm. It is okay to spend $300 on a piece of crap but when we get to $320, well, that is going too far.[/citation]
lolz

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Um. People are going to stop buying crappy netbooks because the netbooks will now cost $20 more? Hm. It is okay to spend $300 on a piece of crap but when we get to $320, well, that is going too far.[/citation]
You should get the "Best Comment" award.

Status
Not open for further replies.