Question EDC at 100% idle

Jun 16, 2019
Hey guys i just built a pc with cpu amd ryzed 7 2700 but with overclock with games running it gets to 90 degrees.. So i had to remove overclock from bios and now it's 45-50 degrees at idle and 70 while running games.. is that normal? Also etc is always at 100%..

motherboard is msi b450 pro carbon ac

power plan is windows balanced and can drop to 35% only when i use power saving option.

Not overclocked right now

When i overclock etc isn't shown while when not overclocked etc is 100% and pc performance goes down :/
Overclock made by bios
Thanks for helping me :)

View: https://imgur.com/a/vaE3TmO
EDC at 100%
View: https://imgur.com/a/tvdW19R

I've just run CB r20 for a decent CPU load and TDC was max 99% of 114A and EDC also 99% of 168A. Temps stayed under 60c so I don't think it's any kind of overload.
BTW, system is set to auto PBO and AMD Ryzen power plan on CPU minimum of 5%. That makes it drop to 2.1GHz, under 1v and top BOOST of 4.3GHz on up to 4 cores with up to 4.1 on others. I haven't had time to perfect 4.3GHz all core OC yet since I updated BIOS last week. This is a BIOS for coming Ryzen 3000 series so I'm not sure if I can get same OC as before. Same OC preset doesn't work so will have to do everything all over again.

Reactions: DMAN999
Jun 16, 2019
I've just run CB r20 for a decent CPU load and TDC was max 99% of 114A and EDC also 99% of 168A. Temps stayed under 60c so I don't think it's any kind of overload.
BTW, system is set to auto PBO and AMD Ryzen power plan on CPU minimum of 5%. That makes it drop to 2.1GHz, under 1v and top BOOST of 4.3GHz on up to 4 cores with up to 4.1 on others. I haven't had time to perfect 4.3GHz all core OC yet since I updated BIOS last week. This is a BIOS for coming Ryzen 3000 series so I'm not sure if I can get same OC as before. Same OC preset doesn't work so will have to do everything all over again.
I didn't understand what happened xD without overclock temp stays on normal ranges but EDC is always at 100%, drop lower only if i use the power saving mode of windows. Using any other option, even lowering min cpu to 5%, end up on high EDC :( might be a thermal paste problem?

Jun 16, 2019
What could be the reason of this shitty EDC? I got it even when during night at idle is at 35 degrees..