Question Edge always closes unexpectedly, even when I close it down manually ?

Diltoid24

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
This isn't a huge issue, but it is supper irritating. For one, my Asus Strix B550I is set to S4+S5 so when it shuts down, it shuts EVERYTHING down. No power to usb's, no power to anything but the power button. Not sure if that's causing this, but everytime I shut down my PC, the next time I reboot, Windows opens with a little restore popup in the upper right telling me that Microsoft Edge shut down unexpectedly. It did not. I closed Edge before shutting down the computer. I even closed Edge, shut it down from the task manager, reopened it to see if I got that message (I didn't), shut it down again and shut it down from Task manager again before hitting the power button. Next boot, it somehow thinks it shut down unexpectedly again ?

I only have two extensions running.

AdGuard AdBlocker
Bookmark Sidebar

Anyone else come across this annoying issue?

PS: Telling me to use Chrome, Dolphin, Opera, Firefox or any other browser will not be an acceptable answer to this problem.

Diltoid24

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
I assume you have this off as otherwise its settings might be why Edge thinks its closed unexpectedly every shutdown
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html
Aye, that was on. I just turned it off, now that I know about it. Will keep an eye on it and see if it keeps doing it now :)

Update:
Turning off Fast Startup did not fix this issue. Edge still pops up the "Edge shut down unexpectedly" window the first time I open it after turning my PC on.

Last edited: