Question Edge routerx not doing its job

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Hello, so I have a Ubiquity Edge router x that i purchased to help with bloat ware from my internet service provider, however we get power outages a lot and every time i set up the router, putting my providers one in bridge mode, and turn it off, it resets and renders my accesspoints usless. We just had a outage the other night and I am unable to get my router back into bridge mode and allow the edge router to do its thing, I have no clue what to do to get my wifi working again and back on the accesspoints i have. Any tips for keeping the system set as is so when we get more outages it doesnt reset? My provider is TDS Telecom if that helps.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
I think it's odd that your stuff isn't recovering from a power outage. This could be a sign of hardware failure. I'd recommend using a UPS for your modem, router, switch, servers, and access points.
only issue with a ups is unless i spend a lot of money to get a higher usage one, it will only last for maybe up to an hour, the last outage we had was just over 6 hours long.

only issue with a ups is unless i spend a lot of money to get a higher usage one, it will only last for maybe up to an hour, the last outage we had was just over 6 hours long.
It should be able to power off/on and not change settings. I think you have issues with hw. I would recommend getting a replacement and then you can play with that one and use it as a backup router or throw it away if you can't get it working.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
It should be able to power off/on and not change settings. I think you have issues with hw. I would recommend getting a replacement and then you can play with that one and use it as a backup router or throw it away if you can't get it working.
Im gonna contact tds and see if they will send me a new router, im pretty sure the one they send out is defective. Hopefully it wont cost too much.

TRENDING THREADS