Question EDID Problem

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
I think it is corrupted EDID, based on what I could find so far. Here is the gist of the problem.

• Display: Dell U2713HM
  • GPU: Intel HD / i5-3470
  • Connection: DP
  • The display is recognized as generic PNP monitor and Windows recommended resolution is shown 640 x 480 only
  • I forced 2560 x 1440 with Intel HD Graphic Custom Resolution
  • 2560 x 1440 is enabled, but still the recommended resolution is 640 x 480, and Intel graphics shows warning that 2560 x 1440 is not ideal resolution
  • Text contents are displayed perfectly, but pictures are degraded as if they are enlarged without enhancement
  • I borrowed a Dell U2713HM monitor to compare. This monitor is recognized correctly and shows sharp picture/color. I switched cables and ports between those two monitors to eliminate any possibility of other issue. Definitely, the problem lies with the monitor.
  • I extracted EDID using AW EDID Editor from both monitors, and they are different.
  • I guess there should be some way to either replace the corrupt EDID or override it with the correct one that found on the good monitor. Tried CRU, but couldn't fix it. Can someone help?