Question Edifier R2000DB Speakers with Onboard (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec) using 3.5mm VS Optical SPDIF Out Port?

Apr 14, 2019
tech4gamers.com
Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased Edifier R2000DB Speakers and I am currently using them with Optical Out Port coming from my ASRock X370 Taichi motherboard. As per my search, these speakers already have a built-in amplifier, also my speakers accept optical means they have sound processing on-board.
I just want to know if using them with 3.5mm jack of Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec of my motherboard will make any huge difference to the sound? Which is a better Optical connection or On-board Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec?

Also, I have Sennheiser HD 598SE Headphones, and currently I am using them with 3.5mm jack of On-board sound (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec). Would you guys recommend any dedicated sound card AMP etc, Or I am good with the current setup?

Thank You!

There is a simple way to see if using the 3.5mm jack with make it sound better to you, try it.

For the headphones, those are pretty good, you may get better sound with an external DAC/amp but you may not notice the difference or it be worth it to you. Again, only way to really find out is to get it and see what you think.

TRENDING THREADS