Question Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in Windows10

Feb 3, 2020
Hi

i tried to change Group policy for blocking Removable storage access. Changes applied to Admin and User Account both and blocking Removable storage Devices.

when i tried to allow Removable storage Devices with Edit group policy. Changes are applied to Administrator account only, not applying to user account.

can any one help me out for solution?

any policy creates a registry key, and can be created and controlled via regedit.

Look into HKLM (or HKCU) \SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\RemovableStorageDevices and delete the 'RemovableStorageDevices' key, if present, thus removing group policy optio.

Not sure but restart may be required

Feb 3, 2020
any policy creates a registry key, and can be created and controlled via regedit.

Look into HKLM (or HKCU) \SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\RemovableStorageDevices and delete the 'RemovableStorageDevices' key, if present, thus removing group policy optio.

Not sure but restart may be required
which key, sorry i didn't get you

which key, sorry i didn't get you
navigate to HKLM (or HKCU) \SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\ and delete the whole RemovableStorageDevices folder, if it's there.

P.S. The registry has two basic concepts to be aware of: Keys and Values. Registry Keys are objects that are basically folders, and in the interface even look exactly like folders. Values are a bit like the files in the folders, and they contain the actual settings.

Feb 3, 2020
Hi
i am trying to apply group policy to domain user account for Restricting removable storage device through edit group policy.
Note: Edit group policy effecting immediately to Administrator account, not applying to domain user account.
can any one help me out