[SOLVED] -edit this is all fixed, thank you guys for the help! can someone help me, what is this buzzing sound, ive been unable to figure out what it is

Jan 18, 2021
https://sendvid.com/3ogq4ze1
my specs are ryzen 5 3600x
evga 2070 super
asus b 450-f
seagate 4tb
xpg m.2 ssd
corsair vengence lpx 16 gb
phanteks p400a case with the stock fans mounted on top exhaust and rear also have a nzxt kraken x53 mounted at the front

Solution
Sounds like a simple rattle as the fans ramp up or down.

Try to get the fans to spin at exactly the right amount when the noise is loudest. You can then touch different parts of your case to find out where it's coming from.

It could also be the fans that are either worn out or loose. If it's just the latter, you can either tighten them down or use vibration dampening pads.
D

Deleted member 2720853

That's some intense coil whine in that case, I doubt that's what it is. Can you please launch a FurMark stress test and see if the noise intensifies? If not, try Prime 95 Small FFT torture test. This is to identify if there is PSU or GPU coil whine so we can rule that out.

Jan 18, 2021
That's some intense coil whine in that case, I doubt that's what it is. Can you please launch a FurMark stress test and see if the noise intensifies? If not, try Prime 95 Small FFT torture test. This is to identify if there is PSU or GPU coil whine so we can rule that out.
i did some furmark tests and the sound didnt even happen, if it is coil whine, how do i get rid of it

D

Deleted member 2720853

did you test Prime95?

honestly that sounds like a fan that's about to become a pensioner. i suggest you test individual case fans, the GPU fans or the CPU cooler fan.

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
Sounds like a simple rattle as the fans ramp up or down.

Try to get the fans to spin at exactly the right amount when the noise is loudest. You can then touch different parts of your case to find out where it's coming from.

It could also be the fans that are either worn out or loose. If it's just the latter, you can either tighten them down or use vibration dampening pads.

Solution