Question edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameoftheuser2

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2016
In the last two months, once every couple of days my PC reboots randomly while not doing much, either idling or browsing internet or couple of minutes after closing the game. But works perfeclty fine when gaming.

Temperatures while gaming are 60-65C for CPU, and 65-70C for GPU, depending on a game.

Event Viewer says it's Kernel Power 41 critical error at the time of the reboots. Bug check is 0. Now, I googled about this and most people suggest it's PSU. But if it's PSU why does it work perfectly fine when gaming?

It reboots all of the sudden, no BSOD. When I unchecked Automatic Restart in System Setting it did not reboot, but just froze, so I had to manually reboot.

Strange thing is, most of the time PC rebooted, it was around 10-11AM.

I tried to reinstalled OS (Windows 10). Opened the case, tightened the cables, removed some dust from fan blades (it's still dusty, tho). PC was pluged to power socket via power strip, so I removed power strip and connected PSU cable directly to socket. Tried to uncheck Fast Startup and Automatic Restart, I read this might fix the problem. But it keeps happening.

All drivers and Windows are up to date, as I've seen that old drivers might be the cause of this. GPU driver version is 431.36 (second latest).

No OC or any kind of tinkering, everything is at default values.

The specs are:

i5 6500
MSI B150m Mortar
HyperX Savage 16GB 2133Mhz
Gigabyre Windforce 1060 6GB
Samsung F3 500GB
EVGA G2 550
Cooler Master CM690

Status
Not open for further replies.