[SOLVED] Editing a Prebuilt Bios to unlock undervolting

calster804

Honorable
Jul 25, 2018
Hi there,

So I've got an Alienware alpha R2 and I've been trying to undervolt it for some time now, due to the good thermal benefits, but I've basically his a brick wall. Dell in their mighty wisdom have pretty much disabled most bios tweaking and it seems pretty much all over/underclocking stuff is turned off. Would there be any easy way to fix this ie changing a few lines of code in the bios and then flashing it? For context, I know a fair amount about PC hardware but very little about things like BIOS. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Dell in their mighty wisdom have pretty much disabled most bios tweaking
This is to prevent the end user from tampering with the system and then claiming a replacement/RMA and in most cases also avoid personal damages if the system ends up causing harm to the end user. Their wisdom is in the right place.

You won't be able to modify the BIOS without suffering from little to no support or a bricked motherboard/dead system if it goes sideways.

My advise, don't do it.

Lutfij

Titan
Dell in their mighty wisdom have pretty much disabled most bios tweaking
This is to prevent the end user from tampering with the system and then claiming a replacement/RMA and in most cases also avoid personal damages if the system ends up causing harm to the end user. Their wisdom is in the right place.

You won't be able to modify the BIOS without suffering from little to no support or a bricked motherboard/dead system if it goes sideways.

My advise, don't do it.

Solution