Editing audio sounds

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
been looking at these here ATH-M50x for editing audio files.
I had been ripping dvds onto the computer, opening the audio sound in my editor program. With normal headphones or earphones are only good for listing to music and videos. Would these here ATH-M50x be great for listing to any background noises in the audio file to fix.

I'd focus on the right tool to reduce this noise you don't like..............rather than being highly concerned with headphones.

Find the tool and experiment with it.

The best headphones in the world would only give you perfectly reproduced unwanted noise. Why would you want perfect reproduction of unwanted noise?

We are all guessing because you are the only one who can hear your sound files.

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
here it is, I'm working some video files on the desktop. I had split the audio from the video to work on.
The sound in the video is uneven, high and low sounds. So Looking for great studio headphone so when editing on the audio project, i can hear if there was any noise while editing the audio so i can go back to remove the noise from the file and replace it to the video, So i can know how a video with even sound, no high and low sound and noise background noises like hiss and humming or any other background noise.

Last edited:
You should NOT need "high quality" expensive headphones to do that.......if it is doable at all.

The best headphones on the planet won't help you if you don't have the right noise removal tool.

We don't know what tool you have tried.

It is entirely possible that there is no tool that will do what you want. You can improve "bad sound" only to a limited extent...........regardless of headphones, regardless of expense, regardless of effort.

We are not able to help you much because you can hear the file and we cannot.

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
NCH Wavepad Auto Gain and Compress tools
After loading the sound file in NCH wavepad i go to Auto Gain to expand the waves and then to to Dynamic Range Compressor to even the high and low sound. Some of the sound files from some of the video turns out good when i even out the high and low scenes but others not so good.

NCH Wavepad Auto Gain and Compress tools
After loading the sound file in NCH wavepad i go to Auto Gain to expand the waves and then to to Dynamic Range Compressor to even the high and low sound. Some of the sound files from some of the video turns out good when i even out the high and low scenes but others not so good.

Correct, you won't get the same result with different audio mixes. Change the settings based on what you get, you may need to lower the compression or edit some settings in the options for it if there are any.

TRENDING THREADS