Editing - mpeg or .avi?

Ruben

For video headed to DVD, is it better and/or easier to edit while still an
..avi, or should the video be converted to mpeg before editing?

--
Ruben

Ruben wrote:
> For video headed to DVD, is it better and/or easier to edit while
> still an .avi, or should the video be converted to mpeg before
> editing?

Stay in avi format. Because it's an even lossier format, as well as more
difficult to edit, the mpeg conversion should always be the final step.

Mike

Ruben

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in

> Ruben wrote:
>> For video headed to DVD, is it better and/or easier to edit while
>> still an .avi, or should the video be converted to mpeg before
>> editing?
>
> Stay in avi format. Because it's an even lossier format, as well as
> more difficult to edit, the mpeg conversion should always be the final
> step.
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike!

--
Ruben

Ruben wrote:

> For video headed to DVD, is it better and/or easier to edit while
> still an ..avi, or should the video be converted to mpeg before
> editing?

AVI !!!!!
--

if I haven't given a url with my answer, try typing the keywords into
www.google.com