News EEC Filing Suggests Multiple MSI RTX 4070s Will Feature 12GB of VRAM, Just Like the 4070 Ti

A recent ECC filing from MSI suggests that Nvidia's upcoming GeForce RTX 4070 could have 12GB of video memory. The company shared the names of several RTX 4070 video cards with the ECC,

Typo. It's EEC, not ECC. Eurasian Economic Commission or EEC.

BTW, In addition to the MSI models, @Harukaze5719 has also discovered a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Eagle OC listing at the Korean RRA/Radio and Research Agency.

View: https://twitter.com/harukaze5719/status/1640287596260790273

Last edited:
Now, it also remains to be seen whether AIBs will offer these cards with BOTH the16-pin 12VHPWR connector and the standard 8-pin connector.

I think some board partners may go with the standard power plug on the normal entry RTX 4070 SKUs that don't require the extra power, while some of the high-end variants such as the SUPRIM X and Gaming X might feature a 16-pin connector (if we take MSI as an example), since they will come with factory overclocks out of the box, and sport a slightly beefier custom design than the normal models.

I think 16-pin 12VHPWR connector is here to stay at least with the RTX 4070 ADA SKU. From RTX 4060 and below onwards we might get to see cards sporting the standard 8-PIN PCIe/PEG connector.

adamcharles1972

Prominent
Nov 1, 2021
I'm still using a GTX-970 with an i7 cpu and gaming just fine on pretty much everything I play. Right now that's Fallout 76 and Destiny 2. I dominate Crucible and pretty much everywhere else in Destiny, so, obviously the GPU has little to do with game play, just game quality. It probably looks terrible compared to an RTX 4070, but it works. After I catch up on bills, after I get a town hitch and bike rack and new Trek mountain bike I will start a new computer build.