EEEpc crashes when using Intel 3150 driver

dirklenart

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
Update: it works perfectly with Ubuntu 13.03. Sadly I need Windows for 2 essential applicationsHi everyone

I"ve been dealing with this problem for a few weeks now, buying two lcd screens from different companies for my Asus EEEpc 1005PE.
Whenever I install the correct driver for the Intel 3150 graphics card, after rebooting Windows 7 Ultimate won't start. Instead the pc restarts itself.
Entering safe mode and disabling/deleting the driver solves this problem, while Windows loads a generic 800x600 driver. Which is not optimal.
I've tried several drivers from Asus/Intel, all give the same result.
I've done a clean install of Windows, no solution.
If I put back my broken original screen (I can see 1/4th at the left side) Windows boots perfectly in 1024x600 without a single problem.
So, I would be really grateful if someone can solve this for me. Both companies who sell these replacement screens (also from Hannstar) say this is very rare. I checked customer feedback from buyers with the same 1005PE, all of them were satisfied. So I think that the display should work.
Thanks for your help.

Dirk

dirklenart

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Yes, reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate. And that was no solution. The seller thinks it might be the firmware of the lcd display that needs to be updated. So I've send it back. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Perseph

Honorable
May 31, 2013

I'm having the exact same problem with my new screen for my exact same model ASUS! Did you send the screen back? Mine was not an ASUS screen it was a generic screen.

dirklenart

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

dirklenart

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
I've sent two back, they were Hannstars, as the original screen, but of a slightly different generation. Windows didn't take them, got refunded, seemed they knew it was hopeless. Ubuntu worked fine, but I need Windows ...

Now my wife threw away the little screws, so I can ditch the whole thing altogether. It worked ok with a standard 800 x 600 windows driver, so I could have done something with it, or use Ubuntu. Guess not now :)