EFF Ranks Apple Lower Than Comcast for Data Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
People need to remember that Apple is still just a hardware company in the core... Selling hardware is always the first priority... software, web stuff, data protection are all secondary. Just like Sony never famous for their "data protection" :p

condorxiii

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
I'm not defending Apple, but in the full report it's saying Comcast is better because Apple because they defending a client in court with their data rights but when Congress tries to change privacy laws they did nothing whilst Apple sent their lawyers (not a huge loss considering they have an army of them) to defend their users. Not saying either of them are good, but don't make Comcast out to be this changed angel company because they beat the all-not-so-powerful Apple in half a category haha.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009

I would of classed apple as a Software / Design company. I get what your saying tho its all about selling hardware. However they don't actually make much.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Should the fact that Verizon is dead last (no stars) be more of a news event? After all Verizon is an ISP and Mobile carrier and has access to MUCH more data than Apple does.

Status
Not open for further replies.