Effect on Windows 8 for gaming PC

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
I haven't downloaded the Windows 8 preview yet. I was wondering those that have if there is any noticeable changes for a gaming PC. Thanks.

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

Ya I was wondering that myself. I downloaded but haven't installed until I read some more reviews. I was thinking of making a dual boot system to easily go back to 7 if any issues.

gostumpy

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I'm amazed at how many people are interpreting this builders preview as a new OS to install and use daily... It's meant for builders of programs to be able to get started on their ideas...

They are nice enough to let anyone try it out, though! But we gotta remember the purpose....

Exactly! This is a developers preview, not a beta, but a pre-beta. that said, I have it installed in a VM using VirtualBox. I haven't even tried installing games because I know there will just be too many hassles to deal with at this stage of the game. I am however testing some development tools and minor apps. There probably isn't much to mention that hasn't been said in all the articles floating around.

If you want to see the main screen upon login, I have it listed in another post.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/26100-63-newly-released-version-windows#t112088