EFS and transparent users

I am relatively new to EFS, and am hoping for some help.

I've got a project directory (with lots of files) and wish to encrypt it for
use by 2 or 3 people.

I can log in as one and encrypt the directory. That user works fine. How
do I authorize the other user(s) to easily access the same files?

Thanks in advance,

jason

You really only have 2 options on Win2k:
- Write an app that calls the AddUsersToEncryptedFile API.
- Let all of the users use the same certificate and private key.

Option 2 is probably easier and as long as all of those people are going to
have access to all of the files, there's no risk of disclosing info to the
wrong party. Importing and exporting certificates:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/default.asp?url=/windows2000/en/server/help/sag_CMimportExport.htm

Is this on a remote machine or will each of the users log on locally to
access the files? If remote, you'll have to make your file server "trusted
for delegation" in the AD. Also, if this is remote, you might want to
consider using IPSEC to avoid traffic-sniffing.
--
Drew Cooper [MSFT]