[SOLVED] eGPU in laptop

Feb 2, 2020
I want to build eGPU for my laptop
Is that worth it for laptop? Or it will be worse?
My laptop config:
Model- Lenovo g50
Processor- i3 5th gen

Solution
There is 1 option, and that would be to remove the internal wifi card and use that slot to connect the eGPU.

Though that means you will have a cable that is connected to the bottom of the laptop at all time. Well at least when you would want to use the eGPU. Not very portable.

Second thing, you would have to invest in: a GPU, PSU, mPCIe eGPU adapter and case to put all this in(guess this is optional). Aw and also an external wifi adapter, since you will be removing the internal one.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
The laptop would need to have either a ExpressCard slot or a thunderbolt port. That model does not have either, so you wont be able to use and external GPU on that laptop.

Edit; Actually what is the exact model number of your G50?

Last edited:

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
There is 1 option, and that would be to remove the internal wifi card and use that slot to connect the eGPU.

Though that means you will have a cable that is connected to the bottom of the laptop at all time. Well at least when you would want to use the eGPU. Not very portable.

Second thing, you would have to invest in: a GPU, PSU, mPCIe eGPU adapter and case to put all this in(guess this is optional). Aw and also an external wifi adapter, since you will be removing the internal one.

Solution