[SOLVED] eGPU on bad laptop

Jan 18, 2020
Hi i have dell inspirion 3537 laptop with 2gb ram intel hd 3000or 4000 idk and intel celeron 2995u.i want to change egpu. The laptop has trash cpu so can i put gtx 960 or any other graphic that run gta v at 50 60 fps at med settings? Or if you know any graphic less than 40$ on amazon that can run gta v 50 fps at medium then let me know in comments

EDIT: i can upradge ram but cant upradge cpu

Last edited:
Solution
The point of my post was to avoid you wasting your money on a GPU upgrade that wouldn't give you any better performance because of the Celeron CPU holding it back (that's called a bottleneck).

Yes, you can get an external GPU box for it but it'll cost a lot more than 40 bucks (and I mean a lot more) for one that's capable of running GTA V even on low settings with your current laptop.

You'd be far better off putting that money towards a new laptop with higher specs and a discrete GPU.
The point of my post was to avoid you wasting your money on a GPU upgrade that wouldn't give you any better performance because of the Celeron CPU holding it back (that's called a bottleneck).

Yes, you can get an external GPU box for it but it'll cost a lot more than 40 bucks (and I mean a lot more) for one that's capable of running GTA V even on low settings with your current laptop.

You'd be far better off putting that money towards a new laptop with higher specs and a discrete GPU.

Solution
Jan 18, 2020

Will be gtx 960 good??
https://www.amazon.com/Studyset-Des...ition-type:6461716011&rnid=6461714011&sr=8-26

USAFRet

Titan
Attaching an eGPU to that is simply turning a poorly performing laptop into a poorly performing desktop.
Except that you have less money in your pocket.

You can't make that into a gaming system, no matter what GPU you try to make it use.