Eh? Does the mall sometimes not appear?(Slash'EM)

aladar

First post here. Whee.

Anyway, I've started a new game as a Doppelganger rogue(Most successful
so far...), and I couldn't help but notice that there didn't appear to
be a mall level. I've been from levels 1 - 9 in the main dungeon and
haven't found it....

As a side question, why do I see 'it' called the E-word? So you won't
spoil it for people who don't know, I assume, but I may be wrong.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Aladar wrote:

> First post here. Whee.

Usual rgrn "rules" are to put the tag "" in the subject line when
speaking abour slash'em.

> Anyway, I've started a new game as a Doppelganger rogue(Most successful
> so far...), and I couldn't help but notice that there didn't appear to
> be a mall level. I've been from levels 1 - 9 in the main dungeon and
> haven't found it....

According to Eva Myers's spoiler, the mall is only present 75% of the
time. And can only be located on DL 5 or 6.
(www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~eva/slashem/)

> As a side question, why do I see 'it' called the E-word? So you won't
> spoil it for people who don't know, I assume, but I may be wrong.

Not for spoiler reasons. First, Elbereth appear in the guidebook. Second
this is a spoiler group, so people should be aware that they will find
spoiler if reading anything.

It maybe because it's shorter to write it this way... Or just for fun. Or
maybe there are a few mindflayers among us and we don't want them to fly
away from there computer while reading the group. Or as a way to emphasize
how important it is, implying that there may be only one word beginning
with 'E'.

Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.