News Eight-Core i7-11700K Beats 10-Core i9-10900K in Latest Benchmark

Stroker

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This article requires fact checking and or correct reference submission foot notes. It references scores that are no longer relevant and out dated.

Reactions: Makaveli
Oct 29, 2020
Interesting result. Does it mean that Zen3 single-threaded advantage is short-lived? As Zen3 is nowhere to be found now (paper launch) it could be that Rocket Lake will be available even sooner than Zen3.

Makaveli

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2001
This article requires fact checking and or correct reference submission foot notes. It references scores that are no longer relevant and out dated.
You are correct but it doesn't matter Geekbench scores mean nothing.

Interesting result. Does it mean that Zen3 single-threaded advantage is short-lived? As Zen3 is nowhere to be found now (paper launch) it could be that Rocket Lake will be available even sooner than Zen3.
you will have to wait for a real benchmark to determine that.

Jul 24, 2020
You are correct but it doesn't matter Geekbench scores mean nothing.

In this Instance: For me Geekbench and Benchmarking are meaningless. What counts that 'good money' was made by yours truly with AMD stock and within a relative short time period. Thank you Lisa Su. Now with Intel coming out in 2021 and within months of each other with their 11th and 12th generations, perhaps it's time to switch and get Intel to buy a few lunches so to speak. Apparently many "upgraders" are waiting in the wings with high hopes for Alder Lake with PCIE 5.0, DDR5 and more goodies. Even a much bigger and far better performing rectangular shaped (Z590) CPU is in the offering. Let's see what Intel has to say on Thursday, January 28, 2021 in their next "Earnings Call." For sure lots of pre-regurgitated smooth investor talk but plenty to be reading between the lines. Buy or not buy will be the question.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS