[SOLVED] Eisbaer LT Solo pump block at top of loop?

Jul 14, 2020
I'm planning a custom loop in my NR200 and think I'm going to go with the Alphacool Eisbaer LT Solo as my CPU block/pump solution, however, my plan was to bottom mount my radiator and vertically mount my graphics card. I know the famous Gamer's Nexus video said that custom loops weren't really a concern with mounting the pump at the top of the loop, but he said that assumes you have a reservoir above the pump, which I wont. The solution I thought of was to mount the Eisbaer with the fill port facing upwards and then attach a 90° adapter to it and plugging it to create a sort of small makeshift res to act as a collection point for air in the loop. Would this work or am I overthinking things?

Thanks in advance

Solution
If you want to maintain the piece of tubing or whatever that ends up being, you can leave it in place as long as you cap it to prevent evaporation or spilling, but sure, I've seen people use a single stretch of tubing to basically act as a very small reservoir...it works on the same principle - you want excess air to collect there.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
How will you vent air from the loop while it is being filled? One option would be to use a simple barb fitting and create a column of tubing which acts as a reservoir and then later remove and cap once 100% full and all air is purged. (this is how I would do it if it were me and is a similar idea of what you have, just a bit more extended)

However, if you have any air left in the loop, it cannot equalize and will be continuously contained, so being incredibly thorough in the filling and purging to avoid it long term.

Jul 14, 2020
How will you vent air from the loop while it is being filled? One option would be to use a simple barb fitting and create a column of tubing which acts as a reservoir and then later remove and cap once 100% full and all air is purged. (this is how I would do it if it were me and is a similar idea of what you have, just a bit more extended)

However, if you have any air left in the loop, it cannot equalize and will be continuously contained, so being incredibly thorough in the filling and purging to avoid it long term.

My plan was to flip my PC upside down and fill from the radiator as it has a couple of free G1/4 ports

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
That's a possibility assuming this also gives you the best place to help purge air.

Radiator end tanks are sort of considered small reservoirs so this could work.

Just make sure to securely cap any time you are wanting to rotate to dislodge air, otherwise you'll just end up pouring your coolant out. (not like I've done that ever before....... :rolleyes: )

Jul 14, 2020
That's a possibility assuming this also gives you the best place to help purge air.

Radiator end tanks are sort of considered small reservoirs so this could work.

So as long as I'm really careful to get as much air out as I can it should be fine, but I'd still benefit from some sort of fitting/makeshift res coming off the fill port for the little bit of air thats likely to remain + any evaporation over time, right?

Just make sure to securely cap any time you are wanting to rotate to dislodge air, otherwise you'll just end up pouring your coolant out. (not like I've done that ever before....... :rolleyes: )

Yikes that sounds like a messy mistake... :oops:

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If you want to maintain the piece of tubing or whatever that ends up being, you can leave it in place as long as you cap it to prevent evaporation or spilling, but sure, I've seen people use a single stretch of tubing to basically act as a very small reservoir...it works on the same principle - you want excess air to collect there.

Solution