[SOLVED] Either CPU or Motherboad issue?

Destin W

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
I want to thank the people who replied to my previous thread! A lot has been figured out since then so in making a new one.

I have come into an issue with my computer where after an hour my computer typically "locks up" and I can no longer do any additional processes. I can use some programs I had already opened prior but only for a brief moment before being completely locked, forcing a hard restart (windows will cease to function as soon as it starts locking up.)

What I know so far:

Used memtest86.

Updated the board.

Have done countless online solutions for fix.

Both ram sticks were tested individually for crashes, unless both sticks are corrupted this is highly unlikely, still crashing.

The graphics card from some expert from a previous thread would not be a symptom in this case.

I have three hard drives, a SDD and two HDD's all of which were tested individually, all crashed.

This only leaves me with either the processor or the board. Unfortunately I don't have an extra am4 motherboard or an extra proccessor. I went to RMA my proccessor but they would like me to figure out of the two what is most likely the issue. My board is unfortunately not under warranty anymore.

Thank you!

Solution
did you try another sata cable on main drive and see if you use the others sata slot on board it will crash also list all parts in system .

Destin W

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015

Tested that and mirrored my windows files onto another drive individually. Still crashes.

Destin W

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015

After inspection, everything looks fine LED wise and I can't see any physical issues present. The Bios launches fine, and nothing wrong from what I can tell.