Either it's Black Screen/Windows Logo Freeze/Black or White Image

May 14, 2018
The title says most of it.

So, I have tried my Onboard GPU, and everything works like a charm.
But when I set my PC to PCI and make it run on my GPU, I either get no screen at all (Black screen), or it freezes at Windows Logo screen when logging in, or I do get in, but everything is black and white and set to 800 x 680 resolution.

BTW, I just got a brand new Mobo, CPU and Ram, and after that, I have had this major trouble with my GPU.

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K CPU 3.70 GHz
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX - 8GB - DDR4 - 3000MHz - DIMM 288-PIN
Mobo: Asrock x370 Pro4

Any suggestions?

Best Regards
Henrik

Solution

No, the disk is probably several versions behind the current drivers, you would want to download the drivers from the vendor support site.

If you did not overclock the system then it's not overclocked. Odd that you would buy such a high end CPU unlocked and don't know about overclocking. Normally people that buy a K model CPU do so for overclocking.

What is your power supply brand and model? Test the video card in another system to see if the issue is a bad card.
May 14, 2018
Yes, I have reinstalled Windows several times by now.
I have used the disc that comes along with the Mobo, isn't that sufficient to make it up to date?
How do I know if anything is overclocked?
Components reseated multiple times aswell.

No, the disk is probably several versions behind the current drivers, you would want to download the drivers from the vendor support site.

If you did not overclock the system then it's not overclocked. Odd that you would buy such a high end CPU unlocked and don't know about overclocking. Normally people that buy a K model CPU do so for overclocking.

What is your power supply brand and model? Test the video card in another system to see if the issue is a bad card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS