Review EK AIO Elite 360 D-RGB Review: Tasteful Sophistication, With Six Fans

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
A small hint to EK, which is better ? double the fans or doubling the thickness of the radiator ?

The answer is : Double the Radiator is better . that more thickness is wasted.

PlanesFly

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2013
A small hint to EK, which is better ? double the fans or doubling the thickness of the radiator ?

The answer is : Double the Radiator is better . that more thickness is wasted.

What you neglected to reason out is that 50-60mm radiators need push/pull to work best. Thick radiators also require higher airflow to get the benefit as they are 2 pass and without elevated airflow the 2nd pass nets you little.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
What you neglected to reason out is that 50-60mm radiators need push/pull to work best. Thick radiators also require higher airflow to get the benefit as they are 2 pass and without elevated airflow the 2nd pass nets you little.

True but thats for optimal result . it is still better result with double thick Radiator VS push pull fans and half the radiator.

Nov 21, 2020
Wonder why it performance is a bit better than the other aios, It has 3 extra fans for god sake! this just proves that all aios perform the same it just depends what fans you put on it

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well, that's a waste.

Surely the manufacturers/engineers know what's holding back performance on hybrid coolers isn't moar fans and moar radiator, but what's on the other end?
¯\(ツ)

Not higher "airflow" but higher static pressure. You can put fans with 200CFM on there, but if they have .098mm H20 static pressure, they aren't going to do much. In fact, they'll probably do a lot of stalling and suffer from major inversion leakage. A fan with 70CFM and a 2.5mm H20 static pressure however, will likely handle the thicker radiator, or heatsink, just fine.

With 3.16mm H20 static pressure, those 120mm Vardar 120ER RGB fans can likely push their 77CFM through a thicker radiator just fine. Or this radiator for that matter. I'd like to see the same tests done again with ONLY the front three fans installed, to compare the difference. I imagine there isn't a terrific difference, maybe 1-5°C, which makes the cost of the additional three fans that are tacked onto the price of this unit somewhat hard to swallow. Barring some astounding different in performance between a three fan setup compared to six, I'd prefer to see them take the cost of three fans off and sell the unit as is or as mentioned, maybe with a thicker radiator. Those fans have plenty of static pressure and CFM to handle it I think.

It would also be a heck of a lot quieter with only three fans running full out, rather than six.

Reactions: nofanneeded

Asryan

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
I have the previous version of this aio but might have to rma it.

I am not sure i can fit a push pull but does the new pump makes a difference without being extra noisy at this pump rpm?