[SOLVED] ek-classic kit p360 problem

Oct 8, 2020
Hello every one recently I bought ek-classic kit p360 and every thing worked great but the problem I have is the pump wont work on the CPU fan or chaises fans plug, although the chaises fan plug used for water pump "as mentioned in the motherboard user guide !" it works great in a direct power supply plug but this make no PWM for the pump itself I have tested the 5 chaises fan and they are working great for fans but not for my pump, also I tried the BIOS and nothing useful any idea?!

Solution
Hello every one recently I bought ek-classic kit p360 and every thing worked great but the problem I have is the pump wont work on the CPU fan or chaises fans plug, although the chaises fan plug used for water pump "as mentioned in the motherboard user guide !" it works great in a direct power supply plug but this make no PWM for the pump itself I have tested the 5 chaises fan and they are working great for fans but not for my pump, also I tried the BIOS and nothing useful any idea?!
solved<< BIOS setting water pump switch on CPUfan 2

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I wouldn't run a watercooling pump via PWM. I would set to the RPM you want (preferably 100%) and let it run. For liquid cooling, there isn't much real benefit to allowing your pump to cycle up and down based on CPU temps.

1. temps can change very rapidly and altering a pump's RPM up and down and up and down isn't going to net you cooling benefits since coolant and water needs to absorb a very large quantity of heat (in watts) in order to rise a single degree, which changing pump RPM is not likely going to impact
  2. running a pump at full speed (or constant speed) means you have ONE variable to contend with if you need to evaluate temperatures, rather than pump RPM and radiator fan RPM.

A lot of people are enamored by this idea of needing to micro-manage cooling and lighting and temps and this and that, but when it comes to liquid cooling pumps, the best performance comes at 100% pump speed, no matter what the fan speed on the radiators. Pumps are not noisy, if they are, then something is very wrong, Pump noise should a very quiet hum and really no more - even at 100% operation.

I sit within 2 feet of my D5 pump at 100% and there's absolutely no way to hear it over the actual radiator fans.

My recommendation would be to only set your radiator fans with PWM curve - set the pump at full speed.

It's a DDC, that's what it's meant for.

Oct 8, 2020
solved<< BIOS setting water pump switch on CPUfan 2

Solution