EK Renames Its 'Dominator' to 'Monarch'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its corsair, Toms just copied the info from their "source" wrong. Crucial is never mentioned at all. Bottom line if it sounds wrong it probably is (a lot) so go check the source

Its a trademark, and how do you not? If someone starts making something in a related market segment with the same name it causes confusion. You hear "memory" and "dominator" you think its corsair. even if some says its crucial. Or another company. They were trading of the brand name of another company in that market, which is not allowed, and its makes you think its for your corsair dominator ram, as a related product.

Want to make "dominator" tires (pretty sure someone does). Go for it. "dominator" computer case? Sure. PowerCool does. Even though its computer related, and corsair makes cases its completely fine. Because their dominator trademark applies in the context of the memory market.

You can't "own" a word. Trademarks exist to protect consumers interest and companies reputations in their specific market.

or do you want Chevy making a "Volt" and Ford making a "Volt" charger for one of their electric cars? That'd be crystal clear when you go to buy a charger.for your Chevy volt. Or when you hear about "Volt" fires

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
What's weird is that I'm relatively certain that most if not all of the documentation on these waterblocks mention the Corsair Dominator series so often you'd think that was all they worked with.

bigpoppastuke

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
It's Corsair, Tom's. Sometimes I wonder why I frequent this site. Feels like you have people who don't know anything about tech "writing" your articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.