EK T-splitter potentional issue.

zfast4y0u

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
hello, i just bought from EK T-splitter that i wanted to add to my luube and inside of it i noticed some strange discoloration on metal. is this some kind of rust and should it be concerned if i add it to luube? i dont wanna get corosion :/

here are pics

B4cmTtK.jpg

V3oWr5I.jpg

ACw0CMV.jpg

umHq93Y.jpg

akUBBbH.jpg

Solution
OK. Just wanted to check. You should be fine with additives in coolant, just be sure to change it time to time, regular maintenance, ect. It's the off-brand cheapo Ebay watercooling parts are generally ones to avoid.

zfast4y0u

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
well you can see housing is black, when i took pics i didnt catch up the part of inside that is sprayed black (roof part of last image) seams like when they sprayed it they left inside part mostly without color layer -.-

zfast4y0u

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
well i have mayhem's x1 blood red luube with ek rads,fittings,blocks. that thing has corrosion prevention in its self. still im not sure what should i do ^^ if this non sprayed part of housing wont corrode that would be great. not sure if this thing kills algae

The inside of the fitting is the bare brass, which is the fittings themselves are all made made off. The outsides are painted, nickel plated, ect. Also, radiator tanks is commonly brass as well in custom WC equipment. Your coolant does prevent algae and corrosion with the additives contained in the mix.