EK Vardar F3 140ER good?

BandaL00p

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Hey guys,
I'd like to hear your opinion about the EK Vardars F3-140ER. I hardly find any reviews about them. In some youtube comment section some people said they are rather loud and others said they are really good.
Maybe one of you guys has experience with those fans?

In general ek's vardar fans have been pretty solid and many into water cooling prefer them. I imagine it would be loud with a max noise level slightly over 40dba. The static pressure is decent, over 3mm/h2o which may not sound like much compared to 120mm fans. However 140mm fans due to their larger diameter generally offer less static pressure than their 120mm counterparts.

This site did a review of it.
http://thermalbench.com/2015/08/12/ek-vardar-f3-140er-140mm-fan/

It has a max speed of 2,000 rpm which is fairly fast for 140mm fans. Many 140mm fans are designed with lower rpm's, capable of moving similar amounts of air (cfm) with slower speeds compared to 120mm fans. Slower speeds generally mean less noise. For instance instead of having to run a 120mm fan at 2000rpm a 140mm fan may only have to spin 1600rpm to move the same amount of air.

Generally the fan speeds increase with the vardar's with the F#, F3 being faster than F2's and F1's. They're pwm fans so they don't have to be run at full speed, if the fan is a bit too loud run it a little slower.

BandaL00p

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Thanks for your answer!
I'm planning to use them instead of the standard fans of the h115i.
The other fans i have in mind are the Blacksilent PK-PS, they have less static pressure but more accessoires. I imagine they would be quieter.
I really cant decide because there is not much information on both of those on the internet.