EK Water Blocks Announces EVGA FTW2 Full-Cover Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherwoody

Commendable
Apr 4, 2017
Sooo I can get an aftermarket cooler for the card I paid extra for so that I could get an... aftermarket cooler?

What am I missing here aside from maybe the benefit of getting a binned card from EVGA prior to water cooling?

Why not just go FE?

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
@ SHERWOODY

I feel what you are saying. But from what I've seen, water-cooling our GPUs can make sense.

But I cannot stomach 100GBP for a cooling block, on an already expenseive card (that looks great too) also. And I'm told I need a second part for the back of the PCB also. Another 30 GBP?

Times all those costs by two as well, given I have 2x 1070 FTWs to equip, me thinks that a single 1080Ti, might be a better prospect, and dump my 1070s on a 'well-known' auction site...?

And furthermore, I never actaully hear my 1070s, not ever. I have to use their tool to force the fans to full just to experience the jet-sound they are capable of. I often see the fans spinning, and even in my open-style P5 case, my 1070s are inaudiable to me, and I'm not deaf...

Maybe if I were to see the water blocks half-price somewhere in future, but who is to say I still own these GPUs by then?

And my mind (money) is squarly-fixed on Skylake-E's offerings as they start to appear over the horizon.....

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I was thinking this would be a great idea, for a short while. Then I realised that it's a huge waste of money. Spend the 100 bucks on a 100 bucks better GPU instead. If you want it quieter, just under-clock that card you spent more on. :D

If you don't water cool then it probably doesn't make sense. I think that some people might grab a non-reference card in hopes that a couple of months down the road they can pony up the $150 for a full cover block and backplate.

Perhaps more likely is an EVGA fan who takes advantage of the step-up program, and now they can water cool their FTW card for just a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.