EK Water Blocks Launches 'Performance Series' Complete Water Cooling Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

If you were to price this out piece be piece it would be even more.
Anyone who has a custom loop has spent far more than this.

The fittings alone in both mine and my girlfriends computers were over $200 each.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

The fittings alone in both mine and my girlfriends computers were over $200 each.
Shit get fleeced much? Saw you coming bro

Vatharian

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Exactly, custom loops can easily eat up hundreds of dollars, if you want them to look... non-spaghetti. For 'reliable and just works', you can get complete cooling system without GPU block for 2/3 of EK asks, only you have to know what are you doing. And this is the problem with fully customizable LC kits - usual AIO will be better for plug&play, and in these kits made from off-the-shelf items there is usually something not right for specific build. If you don't plan to expand, it's complete waste of money.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

That's just it though. These kits are designed for people who do want to expand, and do want to go full custom, but don't know how yet.
This is an entry level kit for someone who wants to get into water cooling.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

Not at all. I knew exactly what I was buying. Premium hardware comes with premium prices.

couple packs of these http://www.performance-pcs.com/monsoon-free-center-hardline-compression-fittings-1-2-x-5-8-6-pack-green.html
and a bunch of these to go with them http://www.performance-pcs.com/fittings-connectors/monsoon-45-rotary-angle-fitting-1-2-purple.html
several other fittings too, including a drain port.
(note, I didn't looke at the size, just grabbed them for price a color illustration for my example)

My own system is filled with Bitspower fittings. It has a ton of specialty rotary fittings because I fit it into a mATX Sugo case.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
You get what you pay for. My Noctua D15 out performs the 240mm XSPC kit I bought a while ago (less than $200). The quality was alright but I easily pay more now if I was in the market.

It always gets me how people can spend $400-1000 on a CPU, $300-600 on a fancy motherboard, and then they cant find the justification to spend good money on proper cooling.

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007

He is right, water cooling gets very expensive when you build a computer to look good and not just have stuff just tucked nicely.

And too uglyduckling81
I personally run 2 loops each 1 eating up 16 compression fittings, 4 passthrough fittings, 2 angle fittings and 2 plug fittings. Making each loop well over 100$ each in just fittings as well.

That doesn't get into the blocks, pumps, tubing, reservoirs, radiators, and any system monitoring items you add in.

And while people see the price tag and think of it as pointless, consider the fact that the majority of it will last near forever.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

Yeah hard tubing is more expensive. Thought he was talking about bayonet fitting which are cheap as cheap as they are in everything water cooled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS