EK Water Blocks Reveals GPU Block For Nvidia's Titan V

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Wow, to void the warranty on a $3k card, you've got to be seriously interested in max fps.

I'm a bit surprised they're not charging more. You've got to wonder how many they'll actually sell.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Not all card manufacturers consider this a voided warranty; some offer some form of warranty even if a card is water damaged or otherwise has the factory cooler removed.
EVGA is one that has done this for as long as I can remember and also why I typically purchase my cards from them...because I do just this...add water blocks. Depending on what SKU card you purchase and as long as it is registered with them within 30 days, you can basically get an RMA for just about any form of failure, including buyer damage.

JonDol

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015

Thumbs up for EVGA but unfortunately the flagship models such as V, Xp, X never went to the OEM partners which is a pity since more peoples would have bought them if they had lower noise / temperatures. So, for these models you are tied to the Nvidia cards which will void the warranty.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

What he meant to say is that none of the current Titan cards are available through board partners. The Titan X you linked is Maxwell-generation, which is why it's so cheap. Check the specs - only 3072 CUDA cores. That's Maxwell.

Nvidia has greedily kept exclusivity on the Pascal Titans and now Volta.

phobicsq

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
EK usually offers blocks for titans so I'm not sure about them not doing it for these new ones. 3k for a gpu seems insane imo but if you gotta get the top cards water is the best practical way to push them.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
The only manufacturer of the Titan V is Nvidia direct. So, yes you will void the warranty if you remove the stock heatsink or back plate - PERIOD. Also, Nvidia does not allow for transfer of card warranty to subsequent owners of the card. Only the original buyer of the card can use the warranty. Food for thought before you are stupid enough to buy a Titan V only for the purposes of treating it like an $800 card. If you are rich and have the money to blow, then by all means do it ;-)

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007

Wrong thread

Status
Not open for further replies.