[SOLVED] EK X360 Cooling questions

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
Hi, I'm currently running the 24 hour test of my newly installed custom cooling loopand have some questions, hope someone can help out (specs below).
Link to some photos: View: https://imgur.com/a/QnL3yH8

1. the tubing running from the reservoir to the pump (sorry both photos are a little blurry) is sucking a little thin at the bend. Still good flow now. Should I be worried it's going to kink? (I'm planning to re-organise next drain - move the pump so it's blow the res and run straight down, but would rather wait to redo that.)
  2. the LED lead in the kit - is that just for testing a header?
  3. the pump runs fine from the molex cable for the test - is the cable to the motherboard header for monitoring the pump, or a 'belt and braces' second power supply?
System setup:
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3950x
CPU Cooler EK-KIT X360 (radiator outside the case)
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Storage Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card
Case Cougar PANZER EVO RGB ATX Full Tower Case
(Case fans: 3 intake fans at front, one exhaust at rear, all Cougar vortex 120 mm, plus two Noctua NF-A15 140 mm exhaust at top; 3* EK-Vardar F4-120 fans cooling the external radiator )
Power Supply
Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor Acer Predator XB271HUA 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor
Keyboard Cougar DEATHFIRE EX Wired Gaming Keyboard With Optical Mouse

Thanks very much.

Last edited:
Solution
i have a similar bend going from my cpu to gpu block. i trimmed a little off the line when reinstalling the gpu block. at first it was minor but over time as the coolant got warmer (~30C) the bend started "collapsing" and has definitely affected my flow (did a bubble test). perhaps a slightly longer run will suffice.

also the pump will run @100% w/o the pwm cable connected to the motherboard (or other controller). i highly suggest to connect it, there really isn't a reason to have a pump run @100% after purging the air out.

hope this helps.
Dec 31, 2019
i have a similar bend going from my cpu to gpu block. i trimmed a little off the line when reinstalling the gpu block. at first it was minor but over time as the coolant got warmer (~30C) the bend started "collapsing" and has definitely affected my flow (did a bubble test). perhaps a slightly longer run will suffice.

also the pump will run @100% w/o the pwm cable connected to the motherboard (or other controller). i highly suggest to connect it, there really isn't a reason to have a pump run @100% after purging the air out.

hope this helps.

Reactions: my_pc_build
Solution

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019

hope this helps.
Hi looniam,
Thanks very much, very helpful and good to know.
I'll keep an eye on the bend and definitely use the pwm cable (I still haven't finished the 24 hour leak test).
Kind regards

Dec 31, 2019
btw i forgot:
the LED lead in the kit - is that just for testing a header?
those go in the cpu block; on the left side if install with EK badge lower right. you should see the two holes for it.

i had one from my P280 kit. connect to a fan header for 12v (set in bios for 100%) but be careful; there is an inline resistor by the first light and i bent mine too much/many times and it broke. it did give it some nice illumination.

Reactions: my_pc_build

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
btw i forgot:

those go in the cpu block; on the left side if install with EK badge lower right. you should see the two holes for it.

i had one from my P280 kit. connect to a fan header for 12v (set in bios for 100%) but be careful; there is an inline resistor by the first light and i bent mine too much/many times and it broke. it did give it some nice illumination.
Ahah, thanks looniam, mystery solved.
Kind regards