[SOLVED] EKWB Aluminium Full Loop Compatibility

ImMiiika

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
So im Trying to get into the Whole ''Custom Loop Cooling'' but as its my First Custom Loop, im not able to spend like 700$ for a Copper block etc.
So my Idea was to just buy the EKWB Fluid Gaming A360G and upgrade it to Hardtubes. So if me and my Thoughts are right, it should work if i put 12mm Aluminium Fittings with a G1/4" Thread, and some 10/12mm PETG Tubing (i know that i still need things like a Heatgun, fluid and a Cutting Kit), on the GPU block, CPU Block, Radiator and Reservoir.
Im Going to Link everything that i THINK i need to get this whole thing done.

https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/alphacool-hardtube-heat-gun-pro-pc-komponenten-werkzeug-5605498
https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/produc...ggemisch-wasserkuehlung-wasserzusatz-10078919
https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-hdc-alu-fitting-12mm

If anyone has some Experience in this, or has even done this exact thing, please reply to me.
Thanks!

Reactions: makavelli666
Solution
Any heat gun will do, you don't need Alphacool's branded heat gun. Seeing that this is your first time on the project, get some extra length of hardline tubing. Then look at the EKWB cutting kit, that will be more consistent with the hard tubes you're going to buy.

The rest, you're good to go.

Lutfij

Titan
Any heat gun will do, you don't need Alphacool's branded heat gun. Seeing that this is your first time on the project, get some extra length of hardline tubing. Then look at the EKWB cutting kit, that will be more consistent with the hard tubes you're going to buy.

The rest, you're good to go.

Solution

ImMiiika

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
Aw thats awesome, but what do you exactly mean by ''some extra length of Tubing'', i know that i wont be able to make good bends with the First 3 or so, so id buy some extra ones, just to learn. Or do you mean that 50cm woudn't be enough for one of the lengths? Oh and i cant seem to find a Cutting kit from EKWB, is there a way you could link it?

Feb 7, 2020
Thank you so much for replying ur post is almost 1 year ago I didn't think u would notice but yeah I would love to see it. how much does the fittings costs you and is it PETG or acrylic tubings?

ImMiiika

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
Feb 7, 2020
now im just collecting info on what I can do with my budget and im going probably with the gaming fluide kit the only problem is the lack of information on the custome loops with aluminum you are the only person that I found with useful information do you mind giving me like your Facebook or ig it would really help cause im still confused with the fittings thing ty very much

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Al has the same restriction as Cu, you don't mix them. So if going with an Al rad, make sure you only get the Al fittings too.

As far as bending pipe, expect to screw up every bend at least once. This will all be dry-fit procedure, and every angle must be exact, 1mm too long and you'll have o-ring issues. So there's going to be a serious amount of trial and error, especially with pieces with multiple bends. Highly suggest you splurge on some olive oil and a good sized bottle of distilled white vinegar for cleaning, it'll make removing the foam sooo much easier after the bend.

Patience. Hope you have it, if not then find it. In abundance. You'll have to take things slow. Practice on a spare tube, making measurements, heating without creating bubbles, bending without kinks etc.

I've been hearing and bending pipe for years, I do everything upto 4" sch80 pvc, and I still mess it up every now and then.