News EKWB Demos Waterblock for GeForce RTX 3080/3090 FE Cards: Half-Length Single-Slot?

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Because both upcoming Founders Edition cards use Nvidia’s new 12-pin auxiliary PCIe power connector that is located in a rather unusual place, EKWB had to move water fittings to the back of the waterblock. The fittings are nickel plated and look very elegant.

Not really , there is still enough room for tubes behind the power plug . my guess is that they wanted to take advantage of the Circular cut of the PCB that huge hole is a waste to ignore .

Chargino

Commendable
Dec 24, 2019
EKWB equipment is absolute garbage. I honestly don't know how they stay in business. Bought 8 fans from them. One was dead on arrival, five more failed before they were a month old. One more died before reaching 60 days. Quick disconnect from them leaked right out of the box. Absolute TRASH. Buy at your own peril.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
EKWB equipment is absolute garbage. I honestly don't know how they stay in business. Bought 8 fans from them. One was dead on arrival, five more failed before they were a month old. One more died before reaching 60 days. Quick disconnect from them leaked right out of the box. Absolute TRASH. Buy at your own peril.
They're water cooling parts are solid. But, I've had similar experiences to you with their fans. They're failure rate is like nothing I have seen to the point I thought I was doing something wrong. Buy someone else's fans.

Reactions: Chargino

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019

no they are not.

Izttzi

Reputable
May 25, 2017
Many SFF cases can handle 240 Radiatator , some even 120+240 ...
Yea, a single 240mm will not be sufficient for a CPU/GPU cooling load on a 3090.

The card itself, unoverclocked, is rated at 350 Watts. Add in a 100W CPU (again unoverclocked) and you're looking at 450 Watts of cooling to dump on a single 240mm rad? That thing would need 3000 RPM push pull fans to keep up.

MAYBE 360mm of rad could do it but you would still be pushing heat VERY high.

You'd want 480+mm of total rad for that much. For a 3070 build or something? Sure, a 240 might pull it off, but not a 3090. In custom loops a 240mm rad is NOT a big radiator.

Izttzi

Reputable
May 25, 2017
Because people don't buy EK for the fans? Buy Noctua or something for the fans, EK make great blocks and reliable pump/res combos and they look great.

This is like saying a Lian Li case is terrible because their power supplies are junk.

Reactions: hotaru.hino
Yea, a single 240mm will not be sufficient for a CPU/GPU cooling load on a 3090.

The card itself, unoverclocked, is rated at 350 Watts. Add in a 100W CPU (again unoverclocked) and you're looking at 450 Watts of cooling to dump on a single 240mm rad? That thing would need 3000 RPM push pull fans to keep up.

You'd want 480+mm of total rad for that much. For a 3070 build or something? Sure, a 240 might pull it off, but not a 3090. In custom loops a 240mm rad is NOT a big radiator.
The Cooler Master Master Box NR200P supports 2 x 240mm or 1 x 240mm and 1 x 280mm radiators. At 18ltr its not "really" a SSF in the sense of miniscule cases, but still rather small.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019

The CPU does not need water cooling in SFF , you need to understand that we dont care to overlock SFF ...

SFF works at stock clocks , and the water cooling is just to fit the best GPU inside it ...

240 RAD is more than enough for RTX 3090 without overclocking it. and the CPU will use normal Noctua cooler.

Chargino

Commendable
Dec 24, 2019
Because people don't buy EK for the fans? Buy Noctua or something for the fans, EK make great blocks and reliable pump/res combos and they look great.

This is like saying a Lian Li case is terrible because their power supplies are junk.

If their quick disconnects leak right out of the box, I'm supposed to buy water blocks from them too? Not going to happen. 8 dead parts in one order is enough to never buy from them again - period. If you love them go for it. I also tried their radiators and each 420, 480, etc, is larger physically than other manufacturers like Alphacool due to the design of the mount shroud. This make them a huge pain to fit them in most cases. EKWB = dead parts and build headaches. Too many quality block builders to waste time with these jokers.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
If their quick disconnects leak right out of the box, I'm supposed to buy water blocks from them too? Not going to happen. 8 dead parts in one order is enough to never buy from them again - period. If you love them go for it. I also tried their radiators and each 420, 480, etc, is larger physically than other manufacturers like Alphacool due to the design of the mount shroud. This make them a huge pain to fit them in most cases. EKWB = dead parts and build headaches. Too many quality block builders to waste time with these jokers.

First , you got faulty disconnects so what ? return them and get working ones. thats why warranty is there .

second , Quick disconnect are not a good option for professional water cooling,

and finally , you wont find water blocks better than EK in the market. Thats why ASUS and others sell motherboards and GPU with water blocks from EK with warranties .and I never got fans from them , thier fans are not the best. I get Noctua fans ...