EKWB Launches Asus Strix 10-Series Full-Cover Water Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a "full cover" waterblock means that the nickel plate extends fully over the board... not just that there's a bit of extra acrylic? (Look at Heatkiller GPU blocks to see what I mean.)

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

Full cover means that all the heat generating parts make direct contact with the block. GPU, memory and VRMs.
The rest just protects the circuit board, which this one does.

Basically all of EK's blocks are like this.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I love me my Heat Killer GPU block! Best looking, and performing block I have ever owned. And don't get me started on their Rads. I'd be here praising them for a week.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
lol either these idiots really like to advertise for heat killer in their free time or heat killer advertising reps ran out of ideas. Either way, don't care.

No not really ... only with the advent of CLC or hybrid coolers has this design become popular. There were always Full Cover and GPU water blocks tho. Cards that sell well make it worthwhile to design and market full cover water blocks ... for the rest, there was the GPU only water block.

Go back quite a few years and the GPU was the performance limiter. In recent years, the VRM temp is as likely to limit an OC ans the the GPU temp.

Having the acrylic go all the way to the board edge is a *new * think for EK, none of my other EK blacks do this... they usually run from the slot hardware edge and end right where the nickel ends

Boy ... what gives with EK and its exclusive deals .... EK had an exclusive with Asus for full cover MoBo Blocks ... now they have the OEM with the MSI on the Seahawk, If I was Asus, I'd be pissed; buyng the Seahawk w/ EK full cover block preassembled w/ warranty is a lot cheaper than buying the Asus card + WD + BP.

Status
Not open for further replies.