EKWB Liquid 240 Pump Leak ??

Demaul

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
About to cry. Just bought an EKWB Liquid 240. First time ever water cooling, it comes with a pump / res combo, I connected everything, it was all ready to put water in.. I first turned on my pc from the motherboard and I had absolutely no water in the res.. I immideitally smelled smoke and saw a bit of it.. I quickly turned the mobo off and came back about 2 hours later, and here I am. I filled the res with just enough water, but its leaking out the bottom, and not pumping through the system at all when the pc is tuned on. Does anyone have any idea what I've done and have ideas on what I could possibly do?? thanks guys <3

Solution
The water in the water cooler not only cools the processor it cools the pump. Now that said it should take more than moments to burn the pump out so thats not likely. That said a CPU can burn out fairly quickly without working cooling as well.

EIther way it also should not be leaking. I would remove it, exchange it, and for your replacement make sure to follow all the instructions properly and hopefully you didn't burn out anything else.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
The water in the water cooler not only cools the processor it cools the pump. Now that said it should take more than moments to burn the pump out so thats not likely. That said a CPU can burn out fairly quickly without working cooling as well.

EIther way it also should not be leaking. I would remove it, exchange it, and for your replacement make sure to follow all the instructions properly and hopefully you didn't burn out anything else.

Solution